A 3-day tour of Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park and Ruhengeri area will provide an unforgettable experience for visitors interested in gorilla trekking, cultural experiences, and nature walks. Here’s a sample itinerary for your reference:
Day 1: Kigali to Volcanoes National Park
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Kigali and driven to Volcanoes National Park in Musanze, which will take about 2-3 hours.
- Upon arrival, you will check into your lodge and have lunch.
- In the afternoon, you will visit the Iby’Iwacu Cultural Village, where you will learn about the local culture and interact with the community. You can participate in traditional dances, learn how to weave baskets, and listen to stories about Rwanda’s history.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
- After an early breakfast, you will drive to the park headquarters for a briefing on gorilla trekking.
- You will then be assigned to a gorilla family and start the trek through the forest with a professional guide. The trek can take anywhere from 2-6 hours depending on the location of the gorilla family.
- Once you find the gorillas, you will spend an hour with them, observing their behavior and taking photos.
- After the trek, you will return to your lodge for lunch and rest.
- In the evening, you can choose to visit the twin lakes of Burera and Ruhondo or relax at your lodge.
Day 3: Golden Monkey Trekking and Departure
- After breakfast, you will drive to the park headquarters for a briefing on golden monkey trekking.
- You will then trek through the forest to find the golden monkeys, which can take around 2-3 hours.
- Once you find the golden monkeys, you will spend an hour with them, observing their playful behavior and taking photos.
- After the trek, you will return to your lodge for lunch and check-out.
- You will then be driven back to Kigali and dropped off at your hotel or the airport.
This is just an example itinerary, and it can be customized according to your preferences and budget. A visit to Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park and Ruhengeri area is an excellent opportunity to experience the country’s unique culture and wildlife, and a chance to create unforgettable memories.