A 3-day tour of Rwanda’s gorilla tracking, followed by a night tour of Kigali, is an exciting adventure that combines wildlife and cultural experiences. Here’s a sample itinerary for your reference:
Day 1: Kigali to Volcanoes National Park
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Kigali and driven to Volcanoes National Park in Musanze, which will take about 2-3 hours.
- Upon arrival, you will check into your lodge and have lunch.
- In the afternoon, you can choose to visit the Iby’Iwacu Cultural Village, where you will learn about the local culture and interact with the community, or relax at your lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
- After an early breakfast, you will drive to the park headquarters for a briefing on gorilla trekking.
- You will then be assigned to a gorilla family and start the trek through the forest with a professional guide. The trek can take anywhere from 2-6 hours depending on the location of the gorilla family.
- Once you find the gorillas, you will spend an hour with them, observing their behavior and taking photos.
- After the trek, you will return to your lodge for lunch and rest.
- In the afternoon, you can choose to visit a nearby community or take a nature walk.
Day 3: Last Night Kigali Tour
- After breakfast and check-out from the lodge, you will drive back to Kigali.
- You will have the option to visit some of Kigali’s landmarks, such as the Kigali Genocide Memorial, the Presidential Palace Museum, or the Kimironko Market.
- You will have lunch at a local restaurant, then proceed for a city tour, and visit the Nyamirambo Women’s Center for a cultural experience.
- In the evening, you will have dinner at a local restaurant, then proceed for a night tour of Kigali, where you can experience the vibrant nightlife of the city.
- You will then be dropped off at your hotel or the airport.
This is just an example itinerary, and it can be customized according to your preferences and budget. A visit to Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park and Kigali city is a perfect opportunity to experience the country’s natural beauty, wildlife, and culture, and to create unforgettable memories.